How To Improve Google Ad Conversions By Excluding Kids’ Channels
Why do you need advertisement to reach target audience?
The target of every business owners, marketers, and affiliates is to reach the target audience and increase their sales. This is why they step on the paid marketing strategy.
But is it really working? Or all their money is going down the drain?
If youâ€™re a business owner or a marketer, this question might have struck your mind - â€œAre my ads viewed by the right audience?â€�
The answer is - No! Your ads are not read by the right audience always. Sometimes kids end up viewing your advertisement.
While working on YouTube ads, advertisers often place ads on Kids channel. Due to Covid and work from home scenario, parents often distract their kids by giving access to YouTube.
Taking advantage of it, advertisers often place their ads on kids channels.
Thatâ€™s not a bad strategy until youâ€™re into selling toys or kidsâ€™ entertainment things.
But if youâ€™re placing an advertisement of email marketing or sales funnels on Kids channel, thatâ€™s a complete waste of money! Have you ever seen a toddler working on email marketing and building a sales funnel? Well, you already know the answer.
Such placement of adverts, will only lead to wastage of money as you won't get the desired result. Thus, it is very important for you to ensure what product youâ€™re selling, the audience and the placements.
Ads are actually a great way to reach your audience but only if you have done the right placement.
In this blog, youâ€™ll learn the various strategies to improve the conversion rate of Youtube and Google ads and how to exclude the Kids channels to make advertising a successful strategy for your brand.
So, letâ€™s get started..
Why should you use a YouTube Kids exclusion list?
YouTube has a huge range of Kids channels. They have allotted a completely different section for it named as YouTube Kids. Some parents are familiar with such channels and thus, they prefer using Youtube Kids.
However, majority of parents use their own personal account. Thus, it is very common that the viewers can see the Youtube ads easily whether it's for kids or not.
Now, the question comes: Why do you need a YouTube Kidâ€™s exclusion list?
When your brand is not related to the needs of kids and their parents altogether, there is no need to show your ads on the kids channel.
Therefore, by using YouTube Kids exclusion list, you can easily optimize your YouTube campaigns.
Find out how YouTube Kids exclusion list can help you:
1. Brand Identity: If you want to protect your brand identity, you must avoid placing ads in the wrong channel.
By not having a proper channel list, you can be marked as spam and thus, this will affect your brand's identity.
2. Irrelevant clicks: Whatâ€™s the use of running ads when you donâ€™t get the conversion? The main purpose why we run ads is to get more sales.
Therefore, we need to make sure that the viewer who clicks on the link should also be the one who makes a purchase.
3. Effect on ROAS: When you are spending a particular amount of money on advertisements, it is important that your money should not be wasted or spent on irrelevant audiences.
By using exclusion lists, you can avoid the irrelevant links and youâ€™ll be able to spend on high-converting links as well.
Youtube Ads Placement Targeting Tips
The placement targeting option in Google Ads is one of the most precise methods for targeting your YouTube ads.
By being able to control where your ads are displayed or which videos you want to target, you'll be able to run more effective ads.
Following are the tips for placement targeting:
1. Keep the separate inclusion and exclusion channel list: Keep a separate list of what channels you want to include or exclude for advertisement. It will make your task easier and will give you the opportunity to reach the right audience.
2. Eliminate the unnecessary YouTube Channels: When running YouTube ads, you donâ€™t need to run ads on channels that are not specific to your niche. Thus, for the right placement targeting, make sure to eliminate the channels which are not necessary for ads..
3. Monitor the placement traffic: By monitoring your campaigns regularly, you can make sure that your ads are running on the right placement. Google Display network often decides where to show the ads and places the ad anywhere. Thus, by monitoring and deciding the ad placement, you can take full control too.
Tips to improve performance and brand safety
It is now a must for marketing teams to incorporate brand safety into their processes when advertising online.
Despite the risks, you can still reap rewards by applying best practices in your programmatic campaigns.
To ensure brand safety and improved performance, following are the aspect which you should follow:
1. Ensure transparency: Integrating in-house initiatives into media buying strategies can allow brands to take ownership of their strategy.
A transparent approach can help build a genuine audience base and raise brand awareness at the same time.
2. Keep track of your campaign: Track where your ads appear in real-time to increase the impact of your efforts.
Take immediate action if your brand is compromised. A campaign can be altered using insights by changing any of the settings or targeting.
3. Prevent black-listed publishers: Your brand is at risk when you work with a blacklisted publisher.
Therefore, it is extremely important to keep your brand away from blacklisted publishers.
4. Make use of campaignâ€™s negative-target or exclusions: During the setup of your campaign, most programmatic publishers allow you to exclude negative targets.
Make sure your brand definition is taken into account when setting up your campaigns, and harmful inventory is excluded.
In order to ensure that your ads display only where you want them to, this is one of the most proactive steps you can take.
How to exclude kidâ€™s video placements from your YouTube campaign
Excluding video and channels can be a one person job. But the process can be time consuming.
Let's find out how you can avoid/exclude the YouTube channels in a few steps:
1. Get the list of accounts to exclude. Here is a list of kidsâ€™ channels URLs list.
2. Go to tools & settings option > Click on Placement exclusion lists
3. Click on the â€œ+â€� at the top left corner of the screen and choose â€œNew listâ€� option
4. Enter the name of your list and click on the â€œEnterâ€� option. Add all the links of the Kidsâ€™ channels URLs and then click on â€œAd Placementâ€�
5. Choose SAVE
6. Make sure youâ€™re choosing the right campaign and choose â€œApply to campaignâ€�
If you are planning to add your own items in the list, find out the following steps that will help you in the process:
1. Go to Display Campaign option > Click on Placement > Then add a filter for Placement contains option.
2. You can use keywords such as Kids, toys, poems, songs, etc.
3. When you find the channels which you want to avoid, you can review them and click the â€œEditâ€� option.
4. Now you can exclude the channels.
Complete list of kids YouTube channels to exclude (4000+ URLs)
Having a list of kidsâ€™ channels to exclude will make your work easier and faster. Isn't it?
So, here is the list of YouTube Kidsâ€™ channels links that you can use to avoid placing ads on:
As an advertiser, you always need to make sure to run the ads on proper and niche related channels, targeting the right audiences.
Hence, it is important not to place your ads on kids channels specifically until your target audiences are the kids.
In case you have already placed your ads on the kidsâ€™ channels, donâ€™t worry! Just follow the above stated steps and exclude those channels.
Do share your views if you find it helpful and let us know how we can help you further in the comments section below:
Thanks for reading!